Saturday, August 9, 2008

Kathleen Marjorie Critchley


Grandma was born without a heartbeat and was labeled a "blue baby". Her mother refused for this to be the case so she beat on her back unil she started to breat and her heart started to beat again. Grandma had a lot of health problems throughout her life and she attributes them to her rough start.

Interview with Grandma July 24, 2004
My mother wasn't healthy, she was sick all the time. I can see her close now. My mother was slender and my dad was short. That's why I am short. I don't remember if my mother was tall. She was about the same size as he was I guess. She was sick and I remember being in the hospital with them. They came out and told me she had died. It was a neighbor that live on the next street, on Common Wealth Avenue, somebody from mutual. She heard about it and she came over and got me and sat me down and talked to me. I don't know what she talked about but she tried to make me feel better. I think she was telling me that my mother had gone to heaven. She told me the good things, and it made me feel a lot better. But I knew that she was gone and it was awful (sobbing).

No comments: